I am a Ph.D. candidate and graduate research/teaching assistant at University of South Florida. I’m privileged to be advised by Dr. Xinming (Simon) Ou and honored to be a member of the Argus Cybersecurity Research Group.
I was a third-year Ph.D. candidate from Kansas State University in the Computing and Information Sciences Department. I have moved to Tampa, FL to follow my advisor, Dr. Xinming (Simon) Ou in continuing my Ph.D. studies at USF since August 2015.
My primary research areas are system security and cyber security. Currently my main focus is on securing Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) and Internet of Things (IoT) using a microkernel based Real-time Operating System. I’m working on a research founded by Department of Homeland Security Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSSEC) project.
Secure RTOS Architecture for Building Automation. Xiaolong Wang, Masaaki Mizuno, Mitch Neilsen, Xinming Ou, S. Raj Rajagopalan, Will G. Baldwin, Bryan Phillips. In ACM CCS 2015 Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security and Privacy (CPS-SPC 2015), Denver, CO, USA, Oct 16, 2015.
Enhanced Security of Building Automation Systems Through Microkernel-Based Controller Platforms. Xiaolong Wang, Richard Habeeb, Xinming Ou, Siddharth Amaravadi, John Hatcliff, Masaaki Mizuno, Mitchell Neilsen, S. Raj Rajagopalan, Srivatsan Varadarajan. The second IEEE International workshop on Communication, Computing, and Networking in Cyber Physical Systems (CCNCPS 2017), Atlanta, GA, USA, 2017.
- Summer 2014: CIS490 - Cyber Defense Basic I for SMASH Program 2014 at Kansas State University
- Spring 2015: CIS490 - Cyber Defense Basic I at Kansas State University
- Fall 2013: CIS751/551 - Computer and Information Security at Kansas State University
- Spring 2014: CIS490 - Cyber Defense Basic I at Kansas State University
- Fall 2014: CIS490 - Cyber Defense Basic I at Kansas State University
- Fall 2014: CIS751/551 - Computer and Information Security at Kansas State University
- Fall 2015: CIS4930/6930 [System Security] (http://www.cse.usf.edu/~xou/sec/) at University of South Florida
- Software Engineer Intern at Aspera, an IBM company; May 2015 - August 2015, Emeryvile, CA
- Cybersecurity Research Intern at Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) Labs; May 2016 - August 2016, Golden Valley, MN
- Cybersecurity Research Intern at Honeywell ACST Cyber Security Research Labs; May 2017 - August 2017, Golden Valley, MN
- 35th IEEE Symposium On Security & Privacy 2014; May 18th - May 21st, 2014; San Jose CA
- Black Hat 2014 USA Briefing; August 6th - August 8th, 2014; Las Vegas, NV (Academic Scholarship Granted)
- DEFCON 22 Hacking Conference; August 2014; Las Vegas, NV
- Black Hat USA 2014; August 2nd - August 5th, 2014; Las Vegas, NV
- Trusted Infrastructure Workshop 2013; June 2nd - June 6th, 2013; Pennsylvania State University (Travel Grant)
- Short Course on Cyber Security of Electric Power Grid with Attacks-Defense Training; July 15th - July 16th, 2013; Iowa State University
“The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments.”Gustave Flaubert